If you’d like to support this site, and will make certain purchases anyway, we get a small commission if you sign up with Positive Singles, or if you order an STI test kit through myLAB box. You can also check out this Red Marine Algae — any everyday purchases made through that link within 24 hours will help support us. Thank you so much!
We provide compassion and reliable information for people with personal and often embarrassing questions about sexual health and STDs. Since 2013, we’ve aimed to reduce stigma around incurable STIs at the same time that we promote safety. The articles on this site are written by a team of writers and medically reviewed for accuracy by our medical review team of clinicians. We strive to be both accurate and easy to understand. Read about us here and contact us here. This website is for informational purposes only and material within does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult a physician for your concerns.
1. I think I might have herpes.
You’re probably worried, and want to know what the chances are you contracted it. You might want to check what the symptoms are. While we can’t tell you if you have any health condition, you can check out the following posts:
2. I want to manage herpes outbreaks.
You probably want tips to stop or relieve an outbreak you’re having right now. Or you want to know if you can prevent them more in the future. Maybe you came across a remedy online, and want to know more about it and if it’s valid.
- Best Foods and Worst Foods to Avoid Outbreaks
- Lysine-Arginine Ratios in Foods
- Herpes Supplements: Studies Behind 15 Outbreak Remedies
- 20 Topical Herpes Treatments and What Studies Say
- Viral Shedding without Symptoms
- Pain Relief for Herpes Outbreaks
- Genital Herpes Nerve Pain in the Leg
- Herpes Prodrome Symptoms: What They Are and What to Do
3. I want to know about dating and sex with herpes.
Maybe you just found out, and need to tell someone. You don’t want your love life to be limited by a diagnosis. Maybe you’re back in the dating game and want it to go smoothly. Or maybe you have questions before you get intimate.
4. I’m just here to learn more about HSV and STDs.
Sexual health isn’t talked about openly enough. Let’s work on that.